The beginning of the Gospel of Yeshua Messiah, the Son of Elohim. As it is written in the Prophets, “…” (Mark 1:1-2)
The Gospel has many names – yet they direct us to the one core the Gospel’s message. Take a look at the names of the Gospel and read the messages at the verses are given, you will be amazed!
The word “gospel” came from a Greek word “euagelion,” literally signifies “good message” or “good tiding” or “good news” respecting the way of salvation by the Lord Yeshua Messiah.
In the New Testament (NT) Bible the word “gospel” can be found 104 times in 98 verses and some of them have connection to the Old Testament books.
From the four Gospel writers (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John), the word “gospel” is found much more frequently in the Gospel written by Mark than in any of the other Gospel; 8 of 17 times. The beginning of the Gospel of Yeshua Messiah, the Son of Elohim. As it is written in the Prophets, “…” (Mark 1:1-2)
And from all books of the New Testament, it is in the book of Corinthians that the word “gospel” is mentioned at most: 18 times. Corinth was the capital city of Achaia, southern Greece. Greeks’ way of life at that time just like many people in Western countries in our time today, living in a culture what we call as “post-modernism,” where everything is about “me” and “up to me.” But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ (Messiah), who is the image of God (Elohim) should shine unto them. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)
Then the second most, it goes to the book of Romans; 13 times. The Rome city at the apostles’ time was the capital of the pagan Roman Empire. Apostle Paul declares: “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16)
And in the third most mentioned, it goes to the Galatians; 11 times. Here in Galatia (in the canter of modern Turkey), the apostle warns the churches to reject strongly another gospel, which is its teaching wasn’t based on the truth, but merely human traditions. Paul says, “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from Him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel; … O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ (Yeshua Messiah) hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? (Galatians 1:6 & 3:1 )
Here is a list of the names of the Gospel with some of their verses:
- the Gospel (Mat 11:5 & Mar 13:10, Act 14:7 & Heb 4:2 & 1Pe 1:12,25)
- the Gospel of Elohim/ God (Rom 1:1 & 15:16 & 2 Co 11:7 & 1 Th 2:2,8,9 & 1 Pe 4:17)
- the glorious gospel of the blessed Elohim / God (1 Ti 1:11)
- the Gospel of the grace of Elohim / God (Act 20:24)
- the Gospel of His Son (Rom 1:9)
- the Gospel of the Kingdom (Mat 4:23 & 9:35)
- the Gospel of our Adonai Yeshua Messiah / Lord Jesus Christ (2 Th 1:8)
- the Gospel of Yeshua Messiah / Jesus Christ (Mark 1:1)
- the Gospel of Messiah / Christ (Rom 1:16 & 15:19,29 & 1 Co 9.12 & 2 Co 9:13 & Phil 1:27 & 1 Th 3:2)
- the Gospel of peace (Rom 10:15 & Eph 6:15)
- the Gospel of good things (Rom 10:15)
- the Gospel of your salvation (Eph 1:13)
- my Gospel (Rom 2:16 & 2 Ti 2:8 ), other word “The Gospel is preached by the Apostle Paul”
- our Gospel (1 Th 1:5 & 2Th 2:14), other word “the Gospel is preached by apostles of Messiah”
- the everlasting Gospel (Rev 14:6)
The Gospel’s verses are connected to the Old Testament books
- the Gospel to Abraham (Gal 3:8); Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, [saying], In thee shall all nations be blessed. (Galatians 3:7-8)
- the Gospel to the poor (Luk 4:18); The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the Gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the broken hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, (19) To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. Luk 4:18-19 quoted directly from Isaiah 61:1-11.
- the gospel of peace and the gospel of good things (Rom 10:15); And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! (Romans 10:15), quoted from Isaiah 52:7
- the gospel (Rom 10:16); But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? (Romans 10:16) quoted from Isaiah 53:1
- Albert Barnes, Notes of the Bible at Mark 1:1
- It’s taken from KJV
- Paul’s Gospel concerns: 1. A Person, Christ of the scriptures. In both Old and New Testaments. 2. His death, substitutionary for our sins. 3. His resurrection, as the written record of His burial evidenced physical death, the scriptures declare his bodily resurrection, whereby we are saved. Reed more: What does Paul mean by “according to my Gospel” in 2 Timothy 2:8 and in Romans 2:16?
“Terlahir untuk memuliakan Adonai Yeshua Messiah dan menjadi berkat bagi bangsa-bangsa” – Joseph Hendry