A Psalm of Praise, of David.
I will exalt you, my Elohim, O King; and bless Your name forever and ever.
I will bless You every day; and I will praise Your name forever and ever.
Generation to generation shall praise Your works; and shall declare Your mighty acts.
I will muse on the glorious honor of Your majesty, and the things of Your wonderful works.
And they shall speak of the might of Your awesome works, and I will declare Your greatness.
They shall express the memory of Your great goodness, and they shall sing of our righteousness.
YAHWEH is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and of great mercy; (Ps 103:8, Ps 86:15)
YAHWEH is good to all; and His tender mercies are over all His works.
All Your works shall thank You, O YAHWEH; and Your saints shall bless You.
They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom, and talk of Your might; to make Your might known to the sons of men; yea, the glorious majesty of His kingdom.
YAHWEH upholds all who fall, and raises up all who are bowed down.
The eyes of all hope to You; and You give them their food in due time.
You open Your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing.
YAHWEH is near to all who call on Him, to all those who call on Him in truth.
He will fulfill the desire of the ones who fear Him; and He will hear their cry and save them.
YAHWEH watches over all who love Him; but He destroys all the wicked.
My mouth shall speak the praise of YAHWEH; and all flesh shall bless His holy name forever and ever.
- Taken from Hebraic Roots Bible (HRB) by Congragation of YHWH Jerusalem. Numbers of the verse are omitted. It is chapter 144 in LXX. LXXE is English Septuagint of Brenton. DSS stands from the Dead Sea Scrolls
- YAHWEH or The LORD; it is the personal name of God in Hebrew; “Yah” is the shortened form. YAHWEH is used in places where the personal name of God is discussed (Ps 68:4) or in places of His self-identification (Is 42:8) (HCSB’s the note on Psalms 145:3).
- unsearchable (KJV). and there is no end to his greatness (LXXE)
- Muse: to think about something carefully and for a long time (Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary); in other word: meditate (Geneva) or merenungkan (ILT)
- to those that wait [on him] (LXXE)
- The meaning is, that the reign of God will continue forever and ever. It will never pass away as other dominions do; it will not change as dynasties do among people; it will not be overthrown as they are; its great principles will stand firm forever and ever (Albert Barnes’ Notes on the Bible). See Psa 10:16, Dan 2:44 and Dan 4:34
- The Lord is faithful in his words, and holy in all his works (LXXE 144:13A); it is agreed with DSS and Syriac and HSCB, but some Hebrew mss omit it (HSCB note)
- merciful in Hebrew (Albert Barnes’ Notes on the Bible). Holy in KJV and LXXE; By looking at LXXE 144:13A, it is clear that KJV’s writters (70 persons) had used many Hebrew mss.
- The idea seems to be that righteousness and mercy are equally consulted in his arrangements; that they meet together, and act harmoniously in the divine plans. Compere the notes at Psa 85:10 (written: Mercy and truth have met together; righteousness and peace kissed each other; HRB)
- (They are who) have the true fear of God put into their hearts; that fear him not with a servile, but godly fear; that fear the Lord and his goodness, and are true worshippers of him in a spiritual and evangelic manner; for the fear of God includes the whole worship of him, private and public: and the Lord grants to such whatever they desire of him, in his fear, under the direction of his spirit, according to his will, and in submission to it. (John Gill’s Expositon of the Entire Bible). See John’s Gospel 15:7-16.
“Terlahir untuk memuliakan Adonai Yeshua Messiah dan menjadi berkat bagi bangsa-bangsa” – Joseph Hendry